The onset of the coronavirus in a short time has forced the whole world to make fundamental changes that will have long-term effects. Regardless of the category of people’s health-related to the field of medicine, many aspects of people’s lives, such as various industries and occupations, have experienced losses due to the outbreak of coronavirus during this period. One of these areas is the tourism industry. It is quite unclear how he will cope with these changes.
Most of Iran’s border crossings have been closed since March 2020 after the COVID-19 in Iran outbreak was confirmed. Land borders are still closed to travelers, but air borders are only open to Iranians holding residence, study, and work visas from another country.
With the resumption of international flights of some foreign companies in Iran, there were speculations to reopen the borders.
Still, so far, no changes have been made in the rules of international travel and reception of tourists. On the other hand, the Deputy Minister of Tourism announced that, according to the National Corona Headquarters, Iranian tourist visas would not be issued at the moment. Also, tourist and pilgrimage visa options have been disabled in the Iranian electronic visa system until the conditions become normal.
Conditions are also specified for travelers who intend to enter Iran for reasons other than tourism. having a health certificate in English and a COVID-19 (PCR) test 96 hours before Iran’s trip is the main one.
In this Coronavirus travel guide to Iran will give you information about new travel regulations to Iran. So, if you are planning to travel to Iran and want to know more about Coronavirus travel guide to Iran, join Iran tourism and stay tuned with this article.
Coronavirus Travel Guide to Iran
According to Iran’s new tourism rules, given the prevalence of COVID-19 disease in many parts of the world and the World Health Organization’s recommendations to avoid unnecessary travel; it informs that the tourist and pilgrimage visa options have been deactivated from the visa list of the electronic visa system until the conditions of corona outbreak normalize.
Obviously, after the situation normalizes, the mentioned options will be reactivated and will be notified to the applicants during an announcement.
As Iran Travel Guide Center mentioned above, a health certificate and COVID-19 (PCR) test 96 hours before Iran’s trip is required for other travelers entering Iran.
These regulations apply to all land, air, and sea borders of Iran, and travelers are required to present a health certificate in English upon arrival in Iran and approved by the competent health authorities in the country of origin.
In the next section, we have fully explained the admission rules for travelers entering Iran. Stay tuned with this Coronavirus travel guide to Iran.
Admission Rules for Travelers Entering Iran (Safety Advice for Travel to Iran)
- It is necessary to complete the self-declaration form and commitment letter before the flight by the passengers and deliver it to the relevant authorities.
- All passengers on incoming international flights are required to have a valid health certificate and a negative COVID-19 test result from the country of origin, which must have been issued in English up to 96 hours before the flight.
- All passengers will be screened upon arrival. If passengers with Iranian citizenship are suspected, they are obliged to quarantine for 14 days and complete the commitment form. If travelers with non-Iranian citizenship are suspected, they will be transferred to accommodation designated by the Ministry of Health and will be required to stay in quarantine for 14 days. Of course, all accommodation, medical, and testing costs are borne by the traveler.
- In the case of non-presentation of the health certificate and corona test, passengers with non-Iranian citizenship will be prevented from entering. They will be returned to their country of origin. Iranian citizenship who do not have a corona test and a health certificate is transferred to places designated by the Ministry of Health and must stay for 14 days in quarantine conditions. Of course, all accommodation, medical, and testing costs are borne by the traveler.
- It is necessary to observe social distancing with others and also use a mask during the entire journey from the airport to the time of boarding the plane.
Now that it has been decided that air travel will resume its work, the main condition for achieving this is the observance of health protocols and special regulations. However, it seems challenging to comply with the requirements stated in this article. But keep in mind that following all of these will help keep you healthy. I hope this article was useful to you.